Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Job, A Calling, A Ministry

This past week has went by supa fast! I started my new job last week and as I meet with differenet social service agencies, I truly believe one of my callings is to provide some sort of support to the very clients I now serve.

My clients are people who society have given up on, or more detrimental-have given up on themselves. They are mothers, they, are daughters, they are sisters, aunties, friends who somewhere along life's path made some choices, neglecting to consider the long term consequences. They are a mirror of parts of my life.

They are also brothers, fathers, friends who for whatever reason couldn't get it together, but has now made a conscious decision to fight for survival, to fight to become self sufficient, inspite of what the latest statistics say they will do. They are a part of me.

Lastly, they are children, who when I look into their eyes-make me think of the security my children now feel when we are in our own home, eating dinner at our own table, taking baths in our own tub. They are truly our hope, our future.

This week has definitely had it's bumps and bruises, but doesn't life? In spite of the hard times I'm having, I can say to you, where I am at in my life, on this day, "is truly a beautiful thang".


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Words from Tara C.
LIFE can be very challenging when dealing with people (chaos). How can love be so trying and harsh? Believing in the vision of loving as well as wanting a future with someone who may not behave how you desire (godly). How do you move forward in your hope when the situation looks hopeless (unfamilar)??.... I find it easier to have faith in those things the world says is impossible; the journeys of life (wealth, health, power, freedom, strength). But having to deal in the mess of a love ones past and present issues is the most unpredictable faith walk (prayer). An unhappy person has the ability to throw you off your emotional harmony (positive energy). Question - How do love from a distance? Is that even possible to do? "Everybody's talking about being in love, somebody tell me how to say in love" ~ Quote from Love Jones.